Drewry, Charles Stewart: A memoir on suspension bridges, comprising the history of their origin and progress, and of their application to civil and military purposes; with descriptions [...] : also an account of experiments on the strength of iron wires and iron bars and rules and tables for facilitating computations relating to suspension b [...]. London : Longman [etc.], 1832
Contenu du document
- PDF Plat supérieur
- PDF Valuable works
- PDF Page de titre
- PDF To Commander Samuel Brown
- PDF Preface.
- PDF Contents.
- PDF A list of the books and papers cited in the following work.
- PDF Errata.
- PDF Section I. Historical account of bridges of suspension.
- PDF Section II. Experiments on the strength of iron wires, iron bars and chains, and steel bars.
- PDF Section III. Small wire bridges in Great Britain; and introduction of bar chains for suspension bridges.
- PDF Section IV. Foreign bridges.
- PDF Section V. Designs, and bridges in execution.
- PDF Section VI. Remarks on materials used for suspension bridges.
- PDF Section VII. On the theory of suspension bridges, and on the strengths of materials used in constructing them.
- PDF Conclusion.
- PDF Illustrations
- PDF Plat inférieur