Miscellaneous Tracts on some curious, and very interesting Subjects in Mechanics, Physical-Astronomy, and Speculative Mathematics ... London : printed for J. Nourse, 1757
- PDF Vorderdeckel
- PDF Titelblatt
- PDF To the right honourable the Earl of MacClesflied, &c. President of the Royal Society.
- PDF Preface.
- PDF A determination of the precession of the equinox, and the different motions of the earth's axis, arising from the attraction of the sun and moon.
- PDF A very exact method for finding the place of a planet in its orbit, from a correction of ward hypothsis, by means of one, or more equations, applied to the motion about the upper focus.
- PDF A determination of the difference between the motion of a comet in an elliptic, and a parabolic orbit.
- PDF A determination of certain fluents, and the resolution of some very useful equations in the higher orders of fluxion, by means of the measures of angles and ratios, and the right-fines and versed-fines of circular arcs.
- PDF And investigation of a general rule for the resolution of isoperimetrical problems of all orders.
- PDF Of the reduction of algebraic equations, by the method of surd divisors, containing an explanation of the grounds of that method, as it is laid down by Sir Isaac Newton in his universal arithmetick.
- PDF Of the resolution of some some general problems in mechanics, and physical astronomy.
- PDF Errata.
- PDF Printed for J. Nourse the following books, all written by Mr. Thomas Simpson, F. R. S.
- PDF [Figurae.]
- PDF Rückdeckel