Morris, Edmund.: Derrick and Drill, or an insight into the discovery, development, and present condition and future prospects of petroleum, in New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, [...]. New York : Miller 1865
- PDF Vorderdeckel
- PDF Titelblatt
- PDF Preface.
- PDF Map of the oil region of Pennsylvania.
- PDF Inhaltsverzeichnis
- PDF Chapter I. Primitive condition of the oil region. A winter visit. Towns, taverns, shanties, derricks, and oil. An oil blockade.
- PDF Chapter II. The oil region five years ago. The first flowing well. Two years later. The wonders at Corry. Materials for history.
- PDF Chapter III. Description of oil wells. Clarion river oil region. Sketches and incidents. Boring for oil. The flowing wells. Process of refining, and its inventor.
- PDF Chapter IV. Prominent men ot he oil region. Eccentries of petroleum. Manufacturers. Sundry topics. Men rising from poverty to riches.
- PDF Chapter V. A tour through the West Virginia oil-region. Its vast productiveness. Poor men getting rich. Familiar life in the region. A diversion into Pennsylvania.
- PDF Chapter VI. Petroleum everywhere. Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, New York, etc. Uncertainty of surface indications. Can there be an over-supply?
- PDF Chapter VII. No reliable statistics. Figures from various sources. What is the daily yield. The custom-house returns. Will the supply of oil continue? Illustrations. A succesful company. Ancient oil-springs of other countries.
- PDF Chapter VIII. Extent of speculation in the oil-region. Effect on land. Rapid formation of companies. Newspaper stimulants and warnings. The excitement widening. Perils of fancy stocks. Stoppage of dividends. The March panic. Attempts at imposition.
- PDF Books for young persons, published by James Miller, 522 Broadway.
- PDF Rückdeckel