An historical and descriptive account of the steam engine, comprising a general view of the various modes of employing elastic vapour as a prime mover in [...] : with an appendix of patents and parliamentary papers connected with the subject. London : printed for J. Taylor, 1822
- PDF Front cover
- PDF Title page
- PDF To William Hasledine Pepys, Esq.
- PDF Introduction.
- PDF Table of contents
- PDF Historical account of the steam engine. Chap. I.
- PDF Improvments effected by Mr. Watt, and others, down to the present time. Chap. II.
- PDF Steam navigation. Chap. III.
- PDF Chapter IV. Abstract of evidence before a select committee of the House of Commons on steam navigation.
- PDF Chapter V. Cylinder and piston [...].
- PDF Chapter VI. Savery's engine improved by Pontifex. [...].
- PDF Appendix (A).
- PDF Appendix (B).
- PDF Appendix (C).
- PDF Index
- PDF Works lately published by J. Taylor.
- PDF [Plate I. - VIII.]
- PDF Back cover