Landen, John: The residual analysis : a new branch of the algebraic art, of very extensive use, both in pure mathematics, and natural philosophy. London : printed for the author... 1764
- PDF Titelblatt
- PDF Preface.
- PDF The subscribers to this work, whose names are at prensent [...].
- PDF Chap. I. Terms and characters explained.
- PDF Chap. II. Of the invention of rules necessary to facilitate computation in this analysis.
- PDF Chapter III. Of exponentials and logarithms.
- PDF Chap. IV. Of the properties of certain algebraic expressions.
- PDF Chap. V. Of the tangents of curve lines.
- PDF Chap. VI. Of the investigation of useful theorems, by finding the nature of a curve from a given property of its tangents.
- PDF Chap. VII. Of the evolution and curvature of lines; with some inferences relating to the focuses of reflected and refracted rays, and the curves call'd caustics.
- PDF Chap. VIII. Of the greatest and leaft ordinates, the points of contrary flexion and reflexion, and the double and triple &c. points of curve lines.
- PDF Chap. IX. Of the asymptotes of curve lines.
- PDF Chap. X. Of the diameters and centers of curve lines.
- PDF [Plate I. - V.]
- PDF Rückdeckel