Laplace, Pierre Simon de: A treatise of celestial mechanics. Dublin : printed for Richard Milliken, 1822
- PDF Front cover
- PDF Title page
- PDF Preface.
- PDF Table of contents
- PDF Newton published, towards the close of the seventeenth century, the discovery of universal gravitation.
- PDF Chapter I. Of the equilibrium and of the composition of forces which act on a material point.
- PDF Chapter II. Of the motion of a material point.
- PDF Chapter III. Of the equilibrium of a system of bodies.
- PDF Chapter IV. Of the equilibrium of fluids.
- PDF Chapter V. The general principles of the motions of a system of bodies.
- PDF Chapter VI. Of the laws of motion of a system of bodies, in all the relations mathematically possible between a force and the velocity.
- PDF Chapter VII. Of the motions of a solid body of any figure whatever.
- PDF Chapter VIII. Of the motion of fluids.
- PDF Errata.
- PDF Back cover