Hauksbee, Francis: Physico-mechanical experiments on various subjects containing an account of several surprizing phenomena touching light and electricity, producible on [...] : with many other remarkable appearances, not before observ'd : together with the explanations of all the machines, (the figures of which are curiously engrav'd [...]. London : printed by R. Brugis, for the author, 1709
- PDF Vorderdeckel
- PDF Titelblatt
- PDF The preface.
- PDF Inhaltsverzeichnis
- PDF A general description of the air-pump made use of in the following experiments.
- PDF Section I. An account of several experiments on the mercurial phosphorus.
- PDF Sect. II. An account of several experiments made concerning the attrition of bodies, in various mediums.
- PDF Sect. III. An experiment shewing the difficulty of separating two hemispheres, upon the injecting an atmosphere of air on their outward surfaces, without exhausting the included air.
- PDF Sect. IV. An experiment concerning the proportion of the weight of air, to the weight of an equal bulk of water, without knowing the absolute quantity of either.
- PDF Sect. V. An experiment shewing that the ascent of liquidds in small tubes open at both ends, is the same in vacuo as in the open air.
- PDF An appendix, containing some general remarks on some of the foregoing experiments.
- PDF [Plates.]
- PDF Rückdeckel