Observations on the re-building of London Bridge : demonstrating the practicability of executing that work in three flat elliptical arches of stone, each two hundred and thirty feet span: with an examination [...]. London : Taylor, 1824
- PDF Front cover
- PDF Design for the New London Bridge.
- PDF Title page
- PDF Preface.
- PDF Table of contents
- PDF Errata.
- PDF Chapter I. Of the most suitable curves for forming the arches of a bridge.
- PDF Chapter II. Of the construction of the arches of a bridge.
- PDF Chapter III. To construct an arch of equilibrium, harving a straight horizontal boundary line, with any curve for the intrados, and any required depth of voussoir.
- PDF Chapter IV. Of the forming of an arch of equilibrium with hollow spandrels.
- PDF Chapter V. Further illustrations of the arch of equilibrium.
- PDF Chapter VI. Of the stability of an arch.
- PDF Chapter VII. Of the depth of the voussoirs.
- PDF Chapter VIII. Of the abutment and bearing piers.
- PDF Chapter IX. Of the embellishments suitable to bridges: of the expense of their construction: with a few concluding remarks.
- PDF [Plates.]
- PDF A catalogue of modern books on architecture, theoretical practical, and ornamental [...].
- PDF Back cover