An inquiry into the origin and early history of engraving upon copper and in wood with an account of engravers and their works. London : M'Creery, 1816. Vol. I.
Contenu du document
- PDF Plat supérieur
- PDF Page de titre
- PDF Table des matières
- PDF To the right honorable George John earl Spencer, K. G. &c. &c. &c. this work is respectfully dedicated [...].
- PDF Preface.
- PDF Directions for placing those cuts which are not inserted in the letter-press.
- PDF Chapter I. The process employed in wood engraving-the antiquity of this art in China-[...].
- PDF Chapter II. The decree of the government of Venice, 1441-Specismens of old venetian wood engraving described-supposition that the venetians obtained this art from the chinese, at a very early period-[...].
- PDF Chapter III. Early block-books of Germany and the Low Countries. Probability that some of them are as early as 1420. [...].
- PDF Chapter IV. Of the intension of chalcography.
- PDF Chapter V. Impressions from works of Niello of the ancient italian goldmsmiths, in the Durazzo collection, described-specimens of the same kind in the possession of the author-[...]
- PDF Chapter VI. The works of ancient engravers of the Florentine School, described. [...].
- PDF Plat inférieur