Bibliothèque publique et universitaire de Neuchâtel
The Bibliothèque publique et universitaire de Neuchâtel (BPUN) serves several functions: it is a library for academic study and research as well as an information and general cultural centre which works to protect the cultural heritage of the local region. Originally founded in 1788, at the height of the Enlightenment, the library was established as a private foundation in 1983, financed jointly by the City and the Canton of Neuchâtel. Its current holdings consist primarily of Neocomensia (publications relating to the Neuchâtel region) and encyclopaedic collections with a particular focus on social sciences. It holds a number of special collections, notably manuscripts written by Jean-Jacques Rousseau and the archives of the eighteenth century Swiss publishing house the Société typographique de Neuchâtel (STN). The BPUN is a member of the Réseau des bibliothèques neuchâteloises et jurassiennes (RBNJ) – a network of libraries in the Neuchâtel and Jura area – and the Library Network of Western Swizterland (Réseau des bibliothèques de suisse occidentale – RERO).
Please send voucher copy to
Bibliothèque publique et universitaire
Place Numa-Droz 3